|Amanda (carpediem_mods) wrote,|
@ 2015-07-04 18:59:00
Premise | Rules | F.A.Q. | Holds & PBs | Character List | Application
Wanted | Player Contact | Dropbox | Friends Button | Calendar
In Game Information | Rumors | Code Page | Tags
- We accept canon characters from almost any fandom.
- We accept original characters.
- We do not accept Harry Potter canon characters. Nothing in the books happen.
- No Real People. This means you can't adapt a real person to fit into the game. It has to be an original character or a character from some sort of media.
- Animal characters (My Little Ponies) and humanoid animal characters (Ninja Turtles and Thunder Cats) are not allowed.
- The limit is ten characters per player.
- Remain In Character. In general, no one will leap down your throat in this community, unless your version of the character is wildly off.
- Nobody is perfect; as such there will be no Mary-Sues/Gary-Sues. Everyone has got something that they do not like about themselves and/or some kind of fear.
- Due to IJ's friend code rule, you may recycle previous character journals so long as they are not connected to any game but this.
- For PBs (Played By) please choose wisely. The PBs should look like a 15, 16, or 17 teenager unless you are playing a teacher. The Mods have the right to deny any PBs that a player chooses to use.
- No original character is to be related to any canon character unless given permission from the player of the canon character. This means if you want to be related to a certain canon character that isn't taken you will need to wait for that canon character to be taken and then ask the Player.
- No special powers. None at all.
- For half bloods witches and wizards, we will be accepting only 2 or 3 of each species that is out there. After all we don't want to be flooded with werewolves or half veelas. It will be very much first come first serve type of deal.
- All original characters have been going to Hogwarts since their first year at the age 11. In this world, Hogwarts is located in the Appalachian Mountains (please check out the In Game Information), which means original characters can be from Canada or the USA.
- If your character has different hair/eye color then the normal human colors it has to come from a bottle or contacts. No funky colors being natural.
- You must use the actor/actress that portrayed that character in the TV show/movie. The only exception for this rule is if the actor/actress is much older/younger than the version of the character you're playing. Then you are allowed to choose an age appropriate actor/actress.
- Multiple characters can have the same Played By as actors/actresses make a living playing more than one character.
- A Played By can only be used once for an original character. If a second original character applies for the same played by that is already taken by another original character the second original character will have to pick a new Played By.
- All characters must have and use a PB. No anime/game icons.
- Logic. This may be a fantasy setting, but certain aspects of real life should be kept intact. For example, a character that just woke up from a coma shouldn’t be running laps in the gym two hours later (it takes time to heal even with magic); a teacher who takes inappropriate actions towards a student shouldn’t expect to be spared administrative or legal repercussions.
- Strikeouts. Strikeouts work the same as if you crossed something out with a pen.
- We are playing real time with the ability to back date threads.
- Remain active. Inactivity without notice or reason is bad.
(Ways to be active: making personal posts, role play in threads, posting AIM logs or commenting in other personal journals.)
- The mods will play it by ear about inactive characters as our goal is to keep the game running and have many happy active players.
- Do not invite yourself in on current threads unless it is marked open to all. If a posted thread doesn’t directly involve your character, or it does not say Open, you do NOT post in it. Unless the Players in the thread decide they want you in then feel free to join.
- No God-Modding. If you must move a character or make them say something ask their Player first.
- Proper role playing is good grammar, full sentences, and paragraphs. No short hand/net speak when role playing. Net speak is not accepted in personal posts either. Also try to stay away from one liners if at all possible. The more you write the easier it is for people to respond to your post but also don’t go nuts and write a book for one post.
- All threads are to be written in third person and past tense and posted in carpediem_rp
- Role playing threads will be built like this:
Who:- A personal post can be open to all, blocked from all, blocked from certain people, or some parts of the post can be blocked from all or certain people. Also can be under a cut, doesn't matter.
- Personal posts need to have a When: Date and Time on it. (ie. July 1st, 3:00PM/Afternoon)
- A personal post can be open to all, blocked from all, blocked from certain people, or some parts of the post can be blocked from all or certain people. Also can be under a cut, doesn't matter.
- The journals that everyone will make personal posts in are a Magical Journal that the school has given to each student in hopes it will unite the houses together. This is the first year anyone is going to be using them and so it is sort of a test to see how well they work.
- Journal/personal posts are written in first person and posted in carpediem_net
- When posting an image please keep the width of the image to 500px or smaller.
- carpediem_net will be the place where all journal posts, texts, emails, mail, anything that is first person will go.
- If in some way a carpediem_net post turns into a thread you will need to move it to carpediem_rp and set up a proper thread. No third person posts on carpediem_net.
- No OOC Drama. You will be kicked out if you are the cause of OOC drama. OOC drama kills communities and we do not want that to happen.
- To elaborate on 'drama' that can be caused in OOC; we mean do not cause fights that exceed what would normally be called a discussion. Discussions of one's feelings are fine for OOC threads, however if one recognizes that they are no longer having a civilized conversation we, as mods, hope that our players will be humane enough to calmly back down from what is going on.
- If the situation turns into something that you, as a player, believe is entirely uncalled for and you cannot make a comment in reply without the ability to remain calm and feel that something could become troublesome to the community if you do reply, then we ask that you bring the problem to the mod for help.
- We want to let everybody know that harassment of any kind between role players is not acceptable in any circumstance and won't be tolerated by the mods here. We'd also like to ask you to report any such harassment to the mods for two reasons: First, so we can remove the offender from the game if the harassment is severe enough, and second, so we simply know what's going on and can be informed when dealing with any resulting drama.
- On the same note, if you have a problem with another role player that you can't easily resolve, do anything BUT drag it into the community. If the problem has to do with characters and actions within the community, then take it to the mod so it can be addressed properly. If it's an OOC problem that you just can't keep out of the community, you can feel free to take that to the mods as well and we'll try to address it in a way that's not harmful to the community. Also, if you're having a heated argument and know you should walk away from it, but can't, talking to the mods and being told to stay away will give you a good excuse.
- If you feel that there is a problem between players, discuss it between yourselves (if you do not first wish to notify a mod). If that solves nothing, you can then bring it to the mods (with logs if you wish so that we have all of the facts) so that the proper actions can be taken to ensure it stops.
- All things OOC go in the OOC community.
(ie: Telling us you will be away so you don't get a warning for not being active, posting something funny, icons, fan fics, or fan art that you think the others will enjoy.)
- ALL players must be 18 years or older. No exceptions.
- At this time we are not allowing any pregnancy story lines. If you want a teenage pregnancy story please look else where.
- Straight, bisexual, gay, and transsexuals are all accepted in this community for the characters and the players.
- Sex, drugs, and all things a like are permitted in this game.
- Story lines. If you have ideas for the overall story line, THAT'S GREAT! You need to consult with one of the mods first, though, either through the Dropbox or e-mail. No one wants to have their toes stepped on, and this will give everyone time to be filled in, even if it is an excellent idea, will get everyone in the community involved, and will really shake things up.
- Characters need to have character journals for this game.
- Try to learn the names of your fellow players. A happy community is one that knows who’s in it. If you’re unsure of who plays a character you’d like to interact with, check the Characters List or ask the mods.
- You get one warning from the mods on your first offense and the second one you are out. No ifs, ands, or buts. There are no favorites with the mods no matter how hard you try to butter them up.
- Last and most important: The Mods' word is final.